Richard Barbrook on Imaginary Futures
What could desirable imaginary futures look like? Richard Barbrook brings up some very interesting ideas on this question and explores past and present futures in order to work towards different worlds to come.
Info & material for further reading:
- Richard on Monoskop
- Homepage "Imaginary Futures"
- Homepage "Class Wargames"
- Essay "The Californian Ideology" by Richard Barbrook & Andy Cameron
- Essay "Cyber Communism" by Richard Barbrook
- Homepage Digital Liberties cooperative
- Homepage "Games for The Many" (who made e.g. CorbynRun)
- Richard on Twitter
- Homepage Technopolitics Research Group
- Article on the "Preston Model" (municipal socialism)
- Wiki on "Austro Marxism"
- Report "Alternative Models of Ownership"
- Homepage "The World Transformed" Festival
- "Grundrisse" by Karl Marx
- Wiki about Robert Owen
- Archive of the American Society for Cybernetics
- Homepage "Virtual Futures"
- Book "Civilization at the Crossroads" by Radovan Richta
- Book "The People’s Republic of Walmart" by Leigh Phillips and Michal Rozworski
- Book "Cybernetic Revolutionaries" by Eden Medina
- Stafford Beer on Monoskop (with short video on Project Cybersyn)
- Wiki "Project Cybersyn" (socialist cybernetics in Chile)
Book "Fully Automated Luxury Communism"by Aaron Bastani
- Homepage Novara Media (of which Aaron Bastani is a co-founder)
- Essay "Digital Socialism" by Evgeny Morozov
- Campaign for a 4-Day-Week
- German campaign for a 4-Day-Week
- Exhibition "Red Vienna" at the MUSA in Vienna
- Essay "Economic Possibilities for our Grandchildren" (1930) by John Maynard Keynes
- Wiki Charles Fourier
- Wiki ARPANET
- Wiki RAND Corporation
- Wiki "Austrian School of Economics"
- Wiki Friedrich Hayek
- Wiki "Road to Serfdom" by Hayek